Skip to main content

W8 : "Dear Abusers, was it worth it!?"

Dear abusers, was what you have done worth it? the harms that you caused others, from the hurtful words that you said to the actions that you did to others, was it worth it? did you win in the end? did you really feel better after every person that you have hurt? I hope it was, cause they are thinking of you every day of their lives, remembering every moment that broke them, thinking it was their fault, even though it was not.

Reasoning

        From my personal experience, I can say that it is because the abusers themselves had been abused before, so they think that the world owes them something in return, or maybe they cannot help themselves but treat people how they were treated. As well having that mentality of an eye for an eye, for me is one of the worst ways to live your life, for the reason that it would mean that the abuse would just keep moving forward from one person then to the next, a never-ending cycle of abuse and hurt. 

        Even though I was abused by someone once before, I chose to stop the cycle, I decided to be a better person, so I treat everyone as nicely as I can, even if they hurt me intentionally, hoping that they would not continue nor start the cycle of abuse once more.

Effect 

        I also think that you (the abusers) don’t understand that you have an effect on other people, you think it is expected, as in that is how the way the world works, one person hurts you, so you have to hurt the next person, I can assure you that is not how it should be, we are supposed to be the most intelligent animal in the world, yet still, we have a lot of people with primitive thinking, people who can not grasp that sometimes they are at fault, that’s why we can move forward and advance in a faster pace, cause there will always be people like you.

Worth it

        So finally, to the abusers, I will ask you guys this once more, was it worth it?

        And how do you sleep at night knowing that some people are still thinking about you in the worst way? wishing that something would happen to you, praying that what you did to them happens to you?

        My advice would be as easy as talking to someone, anyone, cause everyone needs somebody to talk to, whether it talking about thoughts or feelings, it is always better to talk about it than keeping it within one's self.





References:

Okenka, V. (2017). silhouette of man standing on hallway [photograph]. Pexels.

             https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-man-standing-on-hallway-399772/   





Rashed Suhail Muh'd Khalifa 

2104329


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W6 : "Dear God, I am sorry that I am thankful"

Dear God I would like to thank you first for all that you have done for me, thank you for all the opportunities that you had given me all my life, all the good and bad moments that I lived, most of which would have never happened if it were not for you. Those moments made me who I am today, from how I think to the way I speak, and treat others, so for that I am thankful.   My past           Dear God as you know I will always seek forgiveness, I will always need your mercy for the things that I used to do, I knew they were wrong when I did them, and I know that there will be repercussions for my actions, and for that I am sorry, therefor I will accept all that will happen to me in the future, all the bad that will come upon me in the future,  understanding where it came from, and for what reason.           But with all that happened I hope you can understand what I was going through, I hope you can understand the...

W2: "Dear past self..."

Sorry to be telling you this but I might have disappointed you in so many ways, ways I didn't even know I could have, even though it is hard to explain I really hope you do understand what I had to go through, every day was a struggle, every day I was trying, but it never seemed to be enough. But I'm proud of us that we were able to get through it all, after all the struggles we made it where we are today . Biggest letdown         One of our biggest achievements that we should have already accomplished was thinking we would be successful, but unfortunately, we have yet to have done that and are not even close to doing so, to explain, we still haven't managed to graduate from university even though we are twenty-three years old now, we have been switching university for approximately five years from different Majors to even different countries, all this to find some sort of happiness, something that makes me feel good about my self, but yet nothing could fulfil...

W4: "Dear mom and dad, your sacrifices are worth it"

DEAR DAD Thank you, Dad, for all that you have done, all the sacrifices that you have done, I know it is been hard, for the family and especially you, but I’m here to reassure you that we love you and thank you for everything, from the weeks, months to years that you spent away from us, all to make sure we had the best future. I know life has always been hard for you, ever since you were just a child you had to flee a war zone, had to dodge bullets just to get to safety, from a place you still call home to this day, which is Gaza, soon after fleeing to Jordan you were forced to live in a refugee camp for almost ten years of your life, relying on relatives and a country that never cared for you, on donations just to have something to eat during the day, just to have a roof above your head, and a warm bed to sleep on, so we thank you. As for all days that you spent away on that ship, all the hard nights, all the extra shifts that you had to take, they were all worth it. MYSELF  As fo...