Skip to main content

W2: "Dear past self..."

Sorry to be telling you this but I might have disappointed you in so many ways, ways I didn't even know I could have, even though it is hard to explain I really hope you do understand what I had to go through, every day was a struggle, every day I was trying, but it never seemed to be enough. But I'm proud of us that we were able to get through it all, after all the struggles we made it where we are today.


Biggest letdown

       One of our biggest achievements that we should have already accomplished was thinking we would be successful, but unfortunately, we have yet to have done that and are not even close to doing so, to explain, we still haven't managed to graduate from university even though we are twenty-three years old now, we have been switching university for approximately five years from different Majors to even different countries, all this to find some sort of happiness, something that makes me feel good about my self, but yet nothing could fulfill that hole that was growing over time.

Difficulty choosing

        One of the major decisions that I had to make on my own was choosing a program to study in university, as soon as I graduated high school, it took me more than eight months to decide on what to actually study, with my first program being influenced by my parents, as I tricked them into telling me what to do, the program was naval architecture and ocean engineering, and after only a year and a half I felt like I didn't belong, I felt like it wasn't my destiny to be doing it, so I had to change it.
        My second program was petroleum engineering, I couldn't even stay for a semester in that major, the environmental impacts that petrol had on the world were devastating, and the lectures were so open about it that I was disgusted by them. Hence, I knew I had to change.
        The third program was influenced by my friends, as I have many friends in the civil engineering field, from students to construction managers, I thought to myself I could do that too, but I only lasted about two-semester till I had a feeling that it wasn't for me, by the end I did choose a program that was not influenced by anyone, something that I knew I could be good at, something that would make me happy in the end, and that could keep me satisfied, which was game design.

By the end
        
        There is always good to the bad, and the good of our story, which is still being written, is that we made so many good friends that are worth keeping, and that are worth remembering, friends from all across the world, as well as meeting different people with different personalities and thoughts which help build who we are today.
        For the first time in forever, I feel like we are doing the right thing, so if you are reading this I hope you understand and I hope that you can forgive me, cause I know you will have to go through the same obstacles as I did.








Name: Rashed Suhail Muh'd Khalifa

Student ID: 2104329    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W6 : "Dear God, I am sorry that I am thankful"

Dear God I would like to thank you first for all that you have done for me, thank you for all the opportunities that you had given me all my life, all the good and bad moments that I lived, most of which would have never happened if it were not for you. Those moments made me who I am today, from how I think to the way I speak, and treat others, so for that I am thankful.   My past           Dear God as you know I will always seek forgiveness, I will always need your mercy for the things that I used to do, I knew they were wrong when I did them, and I know that there will be repercussions for my actions, and for that I am sorry, therefor I will accept all that will happen to me in the future, all the bad that will come upon me in the future,  understanding where it came from, and for what reason.           But with all that happened I hope you can understand what I was going through, I hope you can understand the...

W4: "Dear mom and dad, your sacrifices are worth it"

DEAR DAD Thank you, Dad, for all that you have done, all the sacrifices that you have done, I know it is been hard, for the family and especially you, but I’m here to reassure you that we love you and thank you for everything, from the weeks, months to years that you spent away from us, all to make sure we had the best future. I know life has always been hard for you, ever since you were just a child you had to flee a war zone, had to dodge bullets just to get to safety, from a place you still call home to this day, which is Gaza, soon after fleeing to Jordan you were forced to live in a refugee camp for almost ten years of your life, relying on relatives and a country that never cared for you, on donations just to have something to eat during the day, just to have a roof above your head, and a warm bed to sleep on, so we thank you. As for all days that you spent away on that ship, all the hard nights, all the extra shifts that you had to take, they were all worth it. MYSELF  As fo...