Skip to main content

W6 : "Dear God, I am sorry that I am thankful"

Dear God I would like to thank you first for all that you have done for me, thank you for all the opportunities that you had given me all my life, all the good and bad moments that I lived, most of which would have never happened if it were not for you. Those moments made me who I am today, from how I think to the way I speak, and treat others, so for that I am thankful.

 

My past

        Dear God as you know I will always seek forgiveness, I will always need your mercy for the things that I used to do, I knew they were wrong when I did them, and I know that there will be repercussions for my actions, and for that I am sorry, therefor I will accept all that will happen to me in the future, all the bad that will come upon me in the future, understanding where it came from, and for what reason.

        But with all that happened I hope you can understand what I was going through, I hope you can understand the emotions and feelings that I had, I needed something to help me escape this world, something to make the days go by quicker, as it was unbearable living in those days, knowing that I couldn’t do anything to change what was happening to me, knowing all that I have done and was doing would never amount to anything, so it was one of the darkest days that I had to live through, and I am thankful and lucky that you helped get out of the darkness that I was living in.

 

My future

        Now I live my life, always thinking of my past, always thinking about how I was able to survive the days that I was in, the days that somehow shaped me into who I am today, the days that help formulate my personality, and helped me become the person that I am today.

        The only way I can find happiness in myself is to make others happy, I feel like it is my purpose now, cause I know what it is like to be on the other side, I know the thoughts that can run through someone’s mind at those times, so I always try my best with everyone, cause we all have our problems, I hope they can find you God, how I found you, I hope you can help them as much as you helped me, cause without you, I don't think I would be the same person that I am today. Thank you.






Rashed Suhail Muh'd Khalifa

2104329

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W2: "Dear past self..."

Sorry to be telling you this but I might have disappointed you in so many ways, ways I didn't even know I could have, even though it is hard to explain I really hope you do understand what I had to go through, every day was a struggle, every day I was trying, but it never seemed to be enough. But I'm proud of us that we were able to get through it all, after all the struggles we made it where we are today . Biggest letdown         One of our biggest achievements that we should have already accomplished was thinking we would be successful, but unfortunately, we have yet to have done that and are not even close to doing so, to explain, we still haven't managed to graduate from university even though we are twenty-three years old now, we have been switching university for approximately five years from different Majors to even different countries, all this to find some sort of happiness, something that makes me feel good about my self, but yet nothing could fulfil...

W4: "Dear mom and dad, your sacrifices are worth it"

DEAR DAD Thank you, Dad, for all that you have done, all the sacrifices that you have done, I know it is been hard, for the family and especially you, but I’m here to reassure you that we love you and thank you for everything, from the weeks, months to years that you spent away from us, all to make sure we had the best future. I know life has always been hard for you, ever since you were just a child you had to flee a war zone, had to dodge bullets just to get to safety, from a place you still call home to this day, which is Gaza, soon after fleeing to Jordan you were forced to live in a refugee camp for almost ten years of your life, relying on relatives and a country that never cared for you, on donations just to have something to eat during the day, just to have a roof above your head, and a warm bed to sleep on, so we thank you. As for all days that you spent away on that ship, all the hard nights, all the extra shifts that you had to take, they were all worth it. MYSELF  As fo...