Skip to main content

W4: "Dear mom and dad, your sacrifices are worth it"

DEAR DAD

Thank you, Dad, for all that you have done, all the sacrifices that you have done, I know it is been hard, for the family and especially you, but I’m here to reassure you that we love you and thank you for everything, from the weeks, months to years that you spent away from us, all to make sure we had the best future.

I know life has always been hard for you, ever since you were just a child you had to flee a war zone, had to dodge bullets just to get to safety, from a place you still call home to this day, which is Gaza, soon after fleeing to Jordan you were forced to live in a refugee camp for almost ten years of your life, relying on relatives and a country that never cared for you, on donations just to have something to eat during the day, just to have a roof above your head, and a warm bed to sleep on, so we thank you. As for all days that you spent away on that ship, all the hard nights, all the extra shifts that you had to take, they were all worth it.

MYSELF 

As for me when I was a child, I always asked myself why other children had a father to pick them up from school, a father to give them presents on their birthdays, something that I thought I would never experience, at that moment I never really knew why, I thought that you were selfish, almost every day I would imagine you walking through the front door, just to surprise me, yet that day never came.

DEAR MOM

And mom to the one who has always been there for us I thank you so much, I know you had to live in a country that was not your own, with people who had different mindsets and different traditions, but through all that you still succeeded in raising us in a better way than anyone ever could, you taught us the right from the wrong.
 

THE SITUATION NOW 

Now I realize that it was all for me and my siblings, you both were away insuring that we had the best possible life, the best possible chance of succeeding, making sure we had what you did not have as a child, food on the table, a roof over our heads, and a warm bed to sleep on, therefor made us all as successful as we can be, all thanks to both of you.

We owe so much to you, I hope one day we can repay it all back and more just make you proud of us.






RASHED SUHAIL MUH'D KHALIFA
2104329

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W6 : "Dear God, I am sorry that I am thankful"

Dear God I would like to thank you first for all that you have done for me, thank you for all the opportunities that you had given me all my life, all the good and bad moments that I lived, most of which would have never happened if it were not for you. Those moments made me who I am today, from how I think to the way I speak, and treat others, so for that I am thankful.   My past           Dear God as you know I will always seek forgiveness, I will always need your mercy for the things that I used to do, I knew they were wrong when I did them, and I know that there will be repercussions for my actions, and for that I am sorry, therefor I will accept all that will happen to me in the future, all the bad that will come upon me in the future,  understanding where it came from, and for what reason.           But with all that happened I hope you can understand what I was going through, I hope you can understand the...

W2: "Dear past self..."

Sorry to be telling you this but I might have disappointed you in so many ways, ways I didn't even know I could have, even though it is hard to explain I really hope you do understand what I had to go through, every day was a struggle, every day I was trying, but it never seemed to be enough. But I'm proud of us that we were able to get through it all, after all the struggles we made it where we are today . Biggest letdown         One of our biggest achievements that we should have already accomplished was thinking we would be successful, but unfortunately, we have yet to have done that and are not even close to doing so, to explain, we still haven't managed to graduate from university even though we are twenty-three years old now, we have been switching university for approximately five years from different Majors to even different countries, all this to find some sort of happiness, something that makes me feel good about my self, but yet nothing could fulfil...