Skip to main content

W10: "Dear lecturers, choose the right way"

First and foremost, I would like to thank you all for teaching I know it is one of the most demanding and most challenging jobs in the world, being responsible for the next generation, whether it is the engineers, doctors, or artists, that will mold the future into what they are passionate about. But what surprises me is that you are always the first to blame, yet not the first to be thanked, so that is why I say this to you all, thank you.


Knowledge 

        I am both amazed by the knowledge that you have, and the way you manage to convey it to us, in such a way that is interesting, and unforgettable. In some classes, I would be in awe at the information that I would learn, as well as the thoughts that surprised me about things that I thought I knew, but it would turn out that I had a wrong understanding of that topic or idea. So, I am grateful for the way that most lecturers have their own way of spreading their knowledge, but it all comes at a cost in the end.


The cost

        To better explain what I meant that it has a cost, it is just that sometimes you the lecturers have limited time to teach us the required information, and sometimes you do get lost in the moment, cause you are passionate about what you teach, but so to say this isn’t about everyone, so when it does happen you end up effecting us the students, not In a way that we might fail but in a way that we have more information to process, which in hand is kind of a double-edged sword. We do learn a lot but then sometimes we get overwhelmed with the amount of information, not to say it is a bad thing, but when we have other classes, and other lecturers doing the same, we tend to neglect some information, just cause we cannot absorb all the information in such a short period of time, so the information just keeps pilling up for us, which I might say does cause most of the student to have stress.


Struggles 

        So as a suggestion, I would say probably try to understand the struggles of your students, and know the limits, I know you are trying to prepare us for the real world, and you even might have experienced something like this during your education, but then again students these days in age do have a shorter attention span, so I would personally take that into consideration as well.






References:

Pixaby (2017). brown and black wooden chairs inside room [photograph]. Pexels.

             https://www.pexels.com/photo/brown-and-black-wooden-chairs-inside-room-207691/   








Rashed Suhail Muh'd Khalifa
2104329

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W6 : "Dear God, I am sorry that I am thankful"

Dear God I would like to thank you first for all that you have done for me, thank you for all the opportunities that you had given me all my life, all the good and bad moments that I lived, most of which would have never happened if it were not for you. Those moments made me who I am today, from how I think to the way I speak, and treat others, so for that I am thankful.   My past           Dear God as you know I will always seek forgiveness, I will always need your mercy for the things that I used to do, I knew they were wrong when I did them, and I know that there will be repercussions for my actions, and for that I am sorry, therefor I will accept all that will happen to me in the future, all the bad that will come upon me in the future,  understanding where it came from, and for what reason.           But with all that happened I hope you can understand what I was going through, I hope you can understand the...

W2: "Dear past self..."

Sorry to be telling you this but I might have disappointed you in so many ways, ways I didn't even know I could have, even though it is hard to explain I really hope you do understand what I had to go through, every day was a struggle, every day I was trying, but it never seemed to be enough. But I'm proud of us that we were able to get through it all, after all the struggles we made it where we are today . Biggest letdown         One of our biggest achievements that we should have already accomplished was thinking we would be successful, but unfortunately, we have yet to have done that and are not even close to doing so, to explain, we still haven't managed to graduate from university even though we are twenty-three years old now, we have been switching university for approximately five years from different Majors to even different countries, all this to find some sort of happiness, something that makes me feel good about my self, but yet nothing could fulfil...

W4: "Dear mom and dad, your sacrifices are worth it"

DEAR DAD Thank you, Dad, for all that you have done, all the sacrifices that you have done, I know it is been hard, for the family and especially you, but I’m here to reassure you that we love you and thank you for everything, from the weeks, months to years that you spent away from us, all to make sure we had the best future. I know life has always been hard for you, ever since you were just a child you had to flee a war zone, had to dodge bullets just to get to safety, from a place you still call home to this day, which is Gaza, soon after fleeing to Jordan you were forced to live in a refugee camp for almost ten years of your life, relying on relatives and a country that never cared for you, on donations just to have something to eat during the day, just to have a roof above your head, and a warm bed to sleep on, so we thank you. As for all days that you spent away on that ship, all the hard nights, all the extra shifts that you had to take, they were all worth it. MYSELF  As fo...